Agriculture of the Past
Display from: Tuesday August 1 - Sunday August 6
Location: Between Hansen and Bldg. F & Between Bldg. E and F
Do you have an antiques farm tractor, farm equipment or memorabilia for display at the McHenry County Fair? Will you participate in Daily Parades, the Veteran’s Tractor Salute, or the Antique Tractor Pull?
Rules and Regulations:
- Every effort will be made for the security of the tractors and your displays beginning Tuesday night
- Tractor and display setup times are Sunday 9 am to 5 pm, and Monday 9 am to 8 pm and Tuesday 9 am to 11 am. Tractors must remain in place until 5 pm Sunday.
- Unloading small displays near the display area will be allowed. Unloading of tractors is reserved for the far north parking lot. Designated Truck and trailer parking will be provided (check the day of drop off)
- After you unload your display check in at the fair office Monday or Tuesday between 8 am-4 pm with this completed registration form
- All displays must be registered through the Fair office. The Fair office will take your registration. You will get an exhibitor card after you have registered your tractor. Hang this exhibitor’s card in a prominent place on your tractor either on the grill or on the frame rail.
- Equipment can be removed after 5 pm Sunday or can be removed Monday. For safety reasons loading tractors on Sunday evening must be done in the north parking lot. The McHenry County Fair Association board will provide insurance for all tractors used to operate the shuttle.
- All tractors must have working lights and working brakes.
- Two exhibitor passes will be provided for the first entry, and one additional pass for each additional entry. The Fair office will issue the appropriate number of passes.
- Unless there is a permanently affixed second seat, only one person (the driver) may be on the tractor when the engine/tractor is in operation. THIS MEANS NO ADDITIONAL RIDERS ON THE DRAWBAR, FENDER, AXLE OR OTHER PART OF THE TRACTOR.
- A driver’s schedule will be posted in the tent area to sign up for shuttle drivers. Any tractor driver willing to volunteer their time driving a courtesy cart should contact the fair office. (815-338-5315)
- Exhibitors are encouraged to bring a lawn chair and enjoy the show.
- McHenry County Antique Equipment Association will work with the McHenry County Fair Association and oversee staffing and setting up the location of the various displays.
- Week long display—from Tuesday August 1 to Sunday August 6. Set up Sunday, Monday and Tuesday am before Fair. (see number 2 above)
- Tractor Parade —will take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 4:00 pm and Sunday at
12:00 pm. Anyone who would like to participate should be at the tent 5-10 minutes prior. Drivers only please; no additional riders (except as noted above).
- Salute to the Veterans—Sunday, August 6 at following the tractor pull in the Grandstands.
- Shuttle Transportation—Antique tractors will help pull a shuttle for visitors from the parking lot to the main gate.
- Antique Tractor Pulls—Sunday, August 6, 2023 (Time TBA) in the Grandstands.
Register here with the form below, or download printable form HERE and mail to Fair Office at P. O. Box 375, Woodstock, IL, 60098 before July 16, 2023. Pay fee (if any) at Fair Office during business hours Mon - Thurs 8:00 - 2:00, or Sat July 15 8:00 - 12:00, or Sun July 16 10:00 - 3:00. Entries are due July 16 by 3:00, or by midnight online. Entries will not be accepted late, or by phone, fax, or email. No refunds.